Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School...and house update



Isn't she lovely! She is such a beautiful girl inside and out. I am really going to miss having her around everyday. London has been such a big help with the move and the renos. She is such a hard worker and she has such a positive attitude. When I start getting discouraged she always finds the good in everything. I love her so much and can't believe how blessed we are to have her in our lives. I am so glad that through all the years of struggle of infertility that the Lord saw fit to bless us with her ....sniff!


First day of school is quite different this year. We tried to be ready to have it at our new house but we still didn't have water or a kitchen so this year it was at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Also, a new big school....scary. From a couple hundred kids to over 1200 kids. Hat High has several floors and many sky walks and hallways to get lost in. By day 2 she is already starting to find her way around. We had a special tour by my friend and a teacher at the school, Colleen Picket. That really helped to get to go around and see everything when no students were there. It was especially fun because her best friend Letitia and Alex were there to share it with her. She came home feeling overwhelmed on her first day by the weird kids! There are lots of kids experimenting trying to figure out who they are.



Now onto the updates....here is one big BiG bin to fill with all the junk and garbage still in the house and laying around. We were going to take a million trips to the dump because this guy is expensive but we figured that we may as well save time.


Now here is a blessing story. See this beautiful door.....$1200.....$1000....can you believe it started out at that and then was marked down to $699....yippee I was so excited. I need to back up and tell the whole tale. We were driving home after picking up our new fridge when we passed Totem and I saw this door outside with a bright red sticker on it...I screamed for Sean to pull over (which is tricky to swerve with a fridge in the back) but we pulled over and saw it was marked down so we checked it out and it is a bit bumped up as it was in the store as a display. So we went in to purchase it and I said make sure to ask if it is the best deal...he poo pooed me saying it was already marked down. So I made him promise to try to get a better deal. Guess how much?!!! I was hoping for like $50 off. Well, he got it for $400. Yuppers can you believe it! Now if only there were two!



This is the start of my Martha Stewart organizer! It is going to be awesome! We have a big closet. I am excited!




Here is the shelf that London and I put together for her room! We did a pretty good job I think. Sadly I didn't like this Martha Stewart product....cheaply made...not a good thing :0(
My kitchen cupboards are getting picked up today and installed tomorrow!!!! We should have a fully functional bathroom and laundry room by the weekend as well. Then it is just organizing and cleaning...tada! We should be moved in this weekend. Then we start on the basement and the outside!

6 comments:

Joanne said...

wow London looks so beautiful. I'm praying that all will go well in the new school.i'm nervous for her! can't wait to see the new kitchen and SCORE on the DOOR. I wanna go shopping with you!!!

Stephanie said...

She does look beautiful!! I am also loving her shirt ;)
Congrats on the door - way to go Sean! I happen to love anything "martha'd" so its looking great, can't wait to see the finished product!

Kathy T. said...

I just love London - she is so sweet! Good luck at the new school - watch out for the freakies.

The door is beautiful! I love good deals! Your pictures turned out really good - another amazing talent! Way to go on the blogging too - you must be crazy-busy.

rosecoloredglasses said...

oh my kimara...always looking for a bargain!!!WOOHOO score on the door,,,,im getting so excited for you guys...everything is finally coming together...good thing it was you guys who bought that house if it was me,,,,well i wouldnt know what to do...you guys are so talented and fantastic...im gunna be soooo jealous of your house when your touches are all over it..,,,XO

Mona said...

Thank you for sharing so much of your adventures with us. London really is a beautiful girl... and spiritually strong! Maybe I'll come tuling out in my RV to come for a visit!

Stacey said...

Hurry! hurry! I want to see pictures of your kitchen! I'm sure your house is looking amazing. Bottom line is, with you at the helm of design, it will look gorgeous. ;)