Friday, October 7, 2011

Mom, I miss you


My Beautiful mother. It was 10 years yesterday since she passed away. I tried to do this yesterday but Blogger was down and wouldn't load pictures. My mom was such an amazing woman. I don't even know where to start. She was a righteous women who loved God and lived her religion. She had such will power and never quit.


London worked on a 10 hour project for young women and she came up with making a book on her Grandmother's life. It was wonderful to see her day after day poring over pictures and journals. I always think that is one of the biggest rip off's; that London never really got to know her Grandma.


My mom and dad's wedding day! I love her dress, I wish we still had it.


Them in Waterton.


This is my favorite picture of all times of my mom! Look at the joy on her face.


My mom and I in a photo booth in West Edmonton mall!






25th Wedding Anniversary!


I love this photo too! This was when she was living in Calgary I believe. Don't you love the fashion!?


Mom and dad, Micki and Darren.

I need to do some more searching for pictures. A lot of the pictures are on slides. I know I must have more pictures of us together. I have boxes of pictures just waiting to get scrap booked. Now I need to scan them as that won't ever happen.

I miss you mom. I love you. I am trying to be a woman of God and a mother you would be proud of! I am even a much better house keeper the older I get--hee hee. I still remember her soft skin and the way she smelled. She is my best friend and I can't wait until we can catch up on things. I know she gets to look in every once and a while. Maybe they have Blogger in Heaven and she is keeping up through my blog?

Sigh, I miss you. Life would be easier with you in it.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Thank Heavens we have memories to live on in our lives. It sure helps even if we can't have a hug or talk to them. They are still close by and love us!

Kathy T. said...

What a beautiful tribute. Kimara, I'm sure that your Mom is more than proud of you and who you are. She must have been a great woman to have raised such a wonderful daughter. I agree with Barb. They are never far away and I believe she is mindful of you. (Sometimes a hug would be so nice though.)

Jocelyn said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your mom! You have a beautiful mom and are blessed that she is your mom!