Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RIP Noodle



Well, I am sad to report that Noodle is a goner. He just disappeared the other night along with two of his girlfriends. We have gone from 11 chickens down to 6. I think we have one well fed fox! Noodle was the bane of my existence. He often made me scared to go outside my house in fear of him attacking me. He loved to jump on the back of your legs and spur you when you weren't looking. I don't know how many times I was spooked just knowing he was outside while I was walking. I spent months just looking behind me waiting for him to go into Stealth mode, come from nowhere and attack! 
All in all, this being said, I miss him. I miss his crow at 5:30 in the morning. He didn't just crow once. He crowed over, and over and over. We got used to it but many house guests complained about the rude awakening. I believe he died a hero's death. I am sure the fox grabbed one of his harem first and he went after him and attacked trying to win her back. A pile of feathers out behind the barn is all that is left. I know he will be in waiting for me at the pearly gates to welcome me with his cock-a-doodle do and then he will promptly attack.....I can't wait!

5 comments:

All good things said...

I think you are well rid of him! I remember once when I was quite little we had a nasty rooster that would attack at any moment. My dad thought we were making it all up, so he came with once to go and collect eggs. Sure enough, rooster went into attack mode. However, he had met his match. It was winter, and dad had on his work boots. One big kick with his huge boot, one less spur on the rooster. Rooster let us go by with a wide berth after that. Ahhh, the memories!

Kathy T. said...

Too funny! I hate roosters.

Rest in peace Noodle...

Jocelyn said...

hahaha, I love the last line. RIP Noodle. Hopefully you won't lose any more!

Anonymous said...

To funny Kim, Ive been loving your posts. Id like to pass on something we did on the farm for fun with the chickens....when you make pasta for dinner make a little extra, let the girls toss a cup or 2 in the pen, they go nuts! thinking they hit the jackpot of worms or snakes! luv tammi

boysmum2 said...

I love the line 'he just disappeared the other night with 2 of his girlfriends' makes him sound like he left home with the girls and won't be looking back! haha