Sunday, May 29, 2011

My babies are growing up


I can't believe how big all my babies are getting. I wanted to give you an update so you can see yourself. They are 5 weeks old now and the chickens are going to be 6 weeks! The ducks are still very soft and fuzzy but they are definitely getting feathers. They love their supervised swim times! They don't follow me around as I hoped. I think you have to have just one or two for them to imprint on you. These guys rely on each other.




That is Ray the black one. We had two but one drown. My ducks were definitely racist at first and didn't want to accept him but they have come around to seeing that it doesn't matter the color of your fluff! He is a Indian Runner so he is taller than the rest even though he is younger.




They love there pool mud and all! I need to clean it out one of these days.



Here are my big chicks! They are still going through a really ugly stage as they don't have all their feathers. They seem to be happy and filling out. They are heavy little suckers. I try to spend as little time as possible with them as they will be on my dinner table one day!




They do nothing but eat and eat and eat! I can't believe how much food they go through. They need some serious therapy that there is more to life than food....once they figure that out they can teach me!



We finally put there water off the ground and it keeps it way cleaner. I need to get a pen build out the back so that they can go outside and enjoy the grass and sunshine!



One of our hens has become Broody already. There is a reason Broody rhymes with moody. She doesn't like you trying to take her eggs away! We had 10 eggs this morning the first and most we have had! Yippeee! WE only have 10 hens so I don't think it will get better than that.

2 comments:

Lisa C said...

wow - everyone is getting so big!

Jocelyn said...

Your babies are not babies anymore! I cannot believe how big they are.